AIRFIELD TODAY

 The airfield as it looks today
The following photos show parts of todays airfield
 
AIRFIELD ENTRANCE GATES
 
 

MAIN RUNWAY LOOKING WEST
 

NORTHERN PERIMETER TRACK LOOKING WEST
 

 
REMAINS OFSHOOTING RANGE

RECOVERED ORIGINAL HANGER
 

STATION CINEMA WITH SERGEANTS MESS BEHIND

         


THIS STONE WAS FOUND ON PERIMETER TRACK WE BELIEVE IT WAS LEFT BY CONSTRUCTION CREWS WE THINK THE DATE SCRATCHED IN IS 30 7 43
 
 
Road named after 300 squadron
 
 The small road leading to the old airfield entrance,which also continues around towards the station cinema approach road now has a new name.
After many years of problems relating to the postal identity of the houses on this road , The district council (West Lindsey) approached the residents concerned about a new name. It was thought a name relating to the wartime use of the airfield would be appropriate.
From March 1944 till disbandment in 1946 the R.A.F 300 (POLISH) SQUADRON operated from Faldingworth
this squadron was also called the "Masovian" squadron so the residents thought that as a tribute to all those who served here the road should be, and is now, called "MASOVIAN LANE"
Comments